A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Butterick 5030 Easter Dress

The purple fabric I really wanted to use for an Easter dress ended up being too short...... So, I found this rayon/poly aqua polka dot fabric in my stash and with a little creative cutting I had enough for the dress.  I had to switch out the skirt for the Butterick 4957 skirt.

I had to do my usual adjustment but not sooooo much since I have lost a little weight!  -2" from my chest, -2" from my waist and -6" from my hips!  I don't have a scale so I just go by my sewing measurements.

I am excited to wear this dress next weekend.  I did try on a dress while shopping with my daughter last weekend, but once I started looking at the dress, the fabric was sooooo cheap, and the sewing was crap, I just figured I could make something soooo much better!  I saved $20 and used a stash fabric, Whoot! Whoot!

Butterick 5030 Easter Dress Aqua Polka Dot www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Butterick 5030 Wrap Dress
Butterick 5030 Easter Dress Aqua Polka Dot www.sewplus.blogspot.com

Butterick 5030 Polka Dot Easter Dress-Front View-Back View

The dress looks much better on.  I will try to get a picture when I wear it.  The pattern was pretty easy except the facing on the top, It was so confusing.  I muddled through it and it turned out pretty good.  I have 6 yards of green check fabric I was thinking of making into another one (and enough fabric for the skirt!).  

Right now on my cutting table is the purple fabric I wanted to use.  I have decided to make a sleeveless sheath dress.  I've cut the dress and now I'm off the Jo-Ann's to find a lining fabric.  I've watched online tutorial on how to add a lining (bagging?)  seams pretty easy.  Wish me luck!

Until next time.................................

Bonnie







No comments:

Post a Comment